Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Baby Daddy and I hit our stride


I want to write this to commemorate the brilliant week Baby Daddy and I have had. Five months into this whole crazy hullabaloo we seem to have hit our stride.  This week we've spent more time together than we have since we were boyfriend and girlfriend and it was wonderful. Between condo walk-throughs, ultrasounds, lazy Sundays, shopping for maternity and baby clothes we've come to really just enjoy each other’s company.


So, what’s different? 

The “stuff” in our separate lives is improving… which is making our collective life better too!

Baby daddy is on a roll with right now in his life so he’s happier. Even though he’s looking for a second job, the one he has now has really picked up, so work is going well. He’s getting into a rhythm with school. His health is improving (we’re going the gym together!). All of his family and friends know about the baby now and are very supportive.  Lastly, some of the family drama that was really weighing him down is getting sorted which is taking a tremendous load off his shoulders.

I’m out of the first trimester and feeling so much better! My job is going super well and I love it. I’m going to the gym more often (endorphins!). I hired a new Phoenix property manager and though all that drama is not yet sorted there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My condo should close this week (its taking forever!), and my favorite handy man is on-board to assist. I've really fallen in love with writing this blog and I love everyone for supporting me doing it – especially Baby Daddy!

New baby clothes we
bought last weekend...  so
much fun!
So together – we’re just more relaxed. Being together used to feel somewhat forced, like it was almost a chore. Now it’s relatively easy.  We know we’re having a son, we know he’s healthy and we agree on the first name so life is super good there. We both love politics and we are on the same page politically so we’re enjoying watching and discussing as the campaign unfolds, especially the debates. He is super excited to help me with the condo when it’s time to start fixing it up – he even went to Home Depot and picked up laminate flooring samples for me to have at our final walk-through. Brazilian Cherry wood it is! He’s actually looking forward to the condo because he’ll finally have his own bathroom and his own closet there…  more space is awesome!

So even though life is busy, and complicated, and changing and sometimes pretty darn stressful -  right now, together, we've managed to keep it pretty simple. And that feels really nice!

Next Post: How to pick a last name!

No comments:

Post a Comment