Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Help Baby Daddy and I Choose a Baby Name


Hello Everyone! On Friday October 26th baby daddy and I go in for our anatomy ultra-sound. I am so so so excited. Lets all cross our fingers that this little baby isn't feeling shy on Friday.

We have a short list of names picked out for both girls and boys – but we want you to help us. We’re encouraging everyone to comment and vote on their favorite girls name and their favorite boys name. Here are the names we've chosen to date and little bit about why we liked them. Happy voting!


Girl names we like

 1. Juliana Rose – (First and Middle name) This is a spin on the middle name of both of my grandmothers (and my best friend’s middle name as well)
2. Celia – after Hurrican Celia. Since I share the namesake of a powerful hurricane I thought it might be funny to name our daughter after a hurricane as well
3. Charlotte (fun nicknames - Char and Charlie)
4. Grace - Just a name we both liked
5. Periwinkle Honeysuckle – this is a spin on Beyonce’s baby named Blue Ivy, although I don’t think we’re famous enough to pull this name off (This is mostly a joke...)

Boy names we like so far

1. Ethan - I think is our front runner...
2. Trevor - We both have never met a Trevor that wasn't a pretty cool person
3. Cameron - Goes well with our last names
4. Dylan - Dylan Thomas, Bob Dylan 
5. Grayson - Just a name we liked (although I like this more than Baby Daddy does...)

**I also really liked the name Cohen (as in Leonard Cohen, one my favorite poets), but apparently to use Cohen as a first name is considered disrespectful to those of the Jewish faith... that's not good. 

Here are a few "off limit" names due to exes, friends we love but don't want to name babies after, and recent babies of friends and family we don't want to copy: Shea (we've both dated a Shea!), David, William, Isabella/Annabelle, Simon, Jackson, Caroline, Preston, Owen, Issac, Chris, Audrey, Kimberly, Maureen, and any Kristen/Katherine name (too close to mine). 

We really have not decided yet and we would love your feedback! Help us choose the best name in case its either a girl or a boy! We'll reveal the winning name when we reveal the gender! :-)

8 comments:

  1. Boy names - Ethan
    Girl names - I actually like all of them. But no matter what you choose, I may just call her Periwinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Celia and Ethan (or Grayson....that's cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandparents John and I like Julianna Rose and Cameron - although we would love any name you choose. I, on the other hand, will always call it "Blueberry."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juliana Rose and Grayson. No doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juliana Rose and Ethan <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juliana Rose, Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juliana Rose and Grayson

    ReplyDelete