Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Final Post... Thank You for the Amazing Journey


First – I want to start by thanking everyone. This little blog of mine has had almost 15,000 page views. It was very therapeutic to share my story with the world. Those who know me know I am not a private person anyway – In fact, I’m what you call an “over-sharer”. I’ve tried to tone it down over the years, but I am who I am.


Right now I'm just working on making up the lost time - when I look back I feel like I never really got to just enjoy Ethan being a baby. There was always so much to do, so much to overcome, so much to be worried about, so many unknowns and fears, and I was so very depressed. All of that has virtually vanished - especially since his 2nd birthday.  I feel like I have lost 100 pounds of pure stress. I feel like that moment when you open the curtains in a dark room to finally let in the light, crack the windows let in the fresh air. I feel like for the first time I can just delight in my son, enjoy him wholly for who he is.

So – where do we go from here?

  1. Ethan is almost completely phased out of Physical Therapy. He completed his most recent Harbor Regional Center assessment so successfully they actually began testing him at the 3 and 4 year old level. What is very exciting is that what is next for Ethan is comprised all of those normal "Nexts"-  all the things that all the kids his age will do next. Potty training. Swimming. Toddler Soccer. Music and dance classes.  Arts and crafts. Learning to read. 
  2. Terry will graduate college with his degree in Graphic Design next Spring. Remember when I started this whole blog he was still in Jr. College applying to 4-year universities? Well he selected Cal State Long Beach, has been taking as many classes as he can, maintaining an awesome GPA and will graduate this time next year! So proud of my man!
  3. I have a new consulting job very close to home and potentially plan on starting my own Project Management Consulting company someday (in the future). In the meantime, I’ve got several ventures going right now –  I'm creating a bachelorette party card game!  I may also be writing a book soon with one of my most favorite people... Lots of fun on the horizon!
  4. Lastly, we’re going to be Foster Parents! We are in the lengthy process now – but we have completed our 6-Week PS-MAPP class. Terry was actually the star of the class! Foster parenting is ALWAYS something I have wanted to do. We have the house now. We have the space. We have the yard. We have the income. We’re ready and we are so excited. We’re open to Fostering and Adopting. We’re going to stick with the little, little kids for now because of Ethan.

Thank you everyone for this amazing adventure. Of course the blog will stay up for as long as Blogger lets it stay up, but this is my last official blog post until something new and amazing happens. I feel like I need a poignant ending to this – some sentence to serve as a bow to wrap this whole thing up. But that’s a lot of pressure. So I will end this with a heartfelt thank you and the lyrics to the song I wrote - the one that I used to re-name the blog.





Thank you.     Thank you.         THANK YOU!          Thank you! 

I was always overwhelmed and touched by the responses from everyone through out the years. You helped me through some rough times and I will always be grateful!


“There is laughter in the learning, as we chose to where to go;
And learning is accepting there’s no straight and simple road.
Take hindsight for what it is, adjust and realign;
Take life as it comes, and take your time.”

I love you!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so loved hanging out with you on this blog, I will really miss it You are an extraordinary writer and, of course, an amazing person. Thank YOU for all the time it took to share your experiences in such a poignant and insightful way. Much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete